A Conversation for Time - Concepts and Perceptions

Time

Post 1

Researcher 46687

I don't wear a watch. Therefore time has no meaning to me. I don't even know what day it most of the time. Does that make me less of a human to not be pre-occupied with this time issue?


Time

Post 2

bludragon, aka the Dragon Queen of Damogran

In my book that would mean you are MORE human. You can stay in tune with the universe WITHOUT A WATCH!!!!!

Telling time without a watch:
Its daylight: Daytime
it's dark: nighttime

I havent eaten yet: breakfast time
I ate a while ago: lunch time
I ate a while ago, and am not terribly hungry but would like a 'little something': teatime
I have been up a real long time and have worked up quite an appetite: dinnertime
Im tired: bedtime

Weather cold: winter
weather warmer: spring
weather hot: summer
weather cooler: fall
Now you don't need a calendar either.

This works best when you are retired [like me]. those folks with watches and appointment books get really nervous when you dont show up at 'appointed times'. Sometimes the checks stop coming, too.

However, I have noticed when my friends with watches ask eachother "what time is it????" I usually know, within 10 minutes or so, the correct time. While they are fumbling for their watches, I just say "Oh, isnt it around 1:20?" and then they all respond "I've got 1:18" "1:25 here" "uh, oh, my watch stopped" "mine's in for repair", etc.,etc. And I do it without benefit of 'watch'.

Oh, and one more thing, the White Rabbit had a pocket watch and all it accomplished was proving to him how late he was...
Now what would a person want that for???


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more