Mister President, Nebraska Is Missing! Episode 14

1 Conversation

Mister President, Nebraska Is Missing!

Episode 14

Extraterrestrial Weasel was in good spirits when she got back to her apartment. Spot and Professor Neinstein were less exuberant. The message dropoff in Burger Download had been successful, but not without some close calls along the way. Spot reflected on the terrible moment when his clown costume had almost come off. In fact, he was pretty sure that Wilson Woodhed had realized that this 'clown' was a dog. The professor was brooding about how close Woodhed had come to seeing the three of them vanish into thin air. Given Woodhed's suggestible nature, there was no telling what insane theories he might have concocted had he seen three clowns disappear before his eyes.

There were more things to worry about when the three of them entered Weasel's apartment and found that Sprilznick nd the android had spent all morning playing Kazoongaball rather than researching the HTTP Indians on Interdimensional Internet. Given the huge amount of work that had to be done in a short time, even Weasel was annoyed.

The android apologized, though he had no idea why it had been wrong to play Kazoongaball. Weasel had to explain the situation despite her concern that the android could become a security problem in the event of an abduction, since he was incapable of lying.

'You must understand,' Weasel explained, 'that all of space and time is threatened when people of questionable integrity find out how to move things between dimensions and universes. The case we're dealing with now involves both.

'So does that mean problems for us in our universe?' the android wanted to know.

'Absolutely. Even if the HTTP tribe never sets foot in or near our universe, the weight of overall probability is affected nonetheless, and our world is likely to move in that direction sooner or later. We need to render our adversaries harmless in perpetuity if we can, or destroy them if no other choices are available.'

'Weasel, I sense that you don't want me to know very much about this because it would make me a security risk,' the android said.

'Oh, great, I'm dealing with an android empath,' Weasel thought.

Post 2024 Writing Project Archive

Paulh

15.04.24 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Title
Latest Post

Entry

A88047912

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more