Easter DIY

0 Conversations

Easter DIY

A paper bunny and chicken

An idea for those who are at home with their kids right now and don't know how to entertain them. And for those with too much toilet paper.

What you need:

  • colored paper
  • empty toilet paper rolls
  • glue
  • scissors (child proof)
  • optional: googly eyes

First cover the empty toilet paper rolls in paper. For this I needed a rectangle of about 9,5x15 cm. I took brown for the bunny and yellow for the chicken. Then I drew the other parts which were needed on colored paper and let the kids cut them out. Depending on the age of your kids you can let them attach all parts to the body.

Bunny:

  • ears (brown)
  • inside of ears (pink, glued to the brown ears before attaching them on the inside of the roll)
  • mouth (white, vaguely apple shaped)
  • moustache (long, thin black strips)
  • grass (light and dark green strips, serrated)

Chicken:

  • beak (orange diamond shape, folded in half)
  • wings (orange drop shapes)
  • crown (red strip with spikes, glued to the inside of the roll)

When the glue is dry attach the googly eyes or draw eyes with a pen.

Of course you can also make all kinds of other figures with toilet paper rolls. You can for instance make a butterfly by attaching large, colourful wings and antennas. Or a bee. Maybe your child has some more ideas.

General Features Archive

Tavaron

13.04.20 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87978550

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more