A Conversation for Irish Stone Circles

Crystal vision

Post 1

Paigetheoracle

I have always wondered if the ancient people who built these stone circles, intended using giant crystals as have been discovered of late as in the Naica mine in Chihuahua, Mexico; or the giant geode in Almeria, Spain? My reason for wondering this is, two milky quartz rings in Cornwall and stones in the Midlands that have quartz particles cemented to the outside of stones. I could be wrong but it is a theory based on some evidence, possibly pointing to this.


Crystal vision

Post 2

Gnomon - time to move on

Hi Paige. What do you think they might use the crystals for? Were they to make the stones shine in the sunlight?


Crystal vision

Post 3

Paigetheoracle

Well they would look nicer than granite, wouldn't they?


Crystal vision

Post 4

Gnomon - time to move on

It's certainly possible. I've heard that the 'bluestones' used for some of the stones at Stonehenge have a very shiny, reflective appearance when wet. And we know that the makers were concerned with the sun shining on their circles.

Attached crystals would look good on a stone circle.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Irish Stone Circles

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more