The h2g2 Post 19.03.18

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 19th March 2018

Slouching Through Lent

Yes, children, it is still snowing in the northern hemisphere. So what else is new? Maybe it will quit in time for Easter. However, since Easter this year is on 1 April, we aren't taking any bets. So much for the weather report. Let's ignore the white menace and think about pleasanter things, such as all the stories, photos, videos, quizzes and generally Fun Stuff to be found in this week's h2g2 Post.

Oh, goody, more snow on the neighbour's tree.


  • Last week, it was cats. This week, Willem and SashaQ partner up to bring us birds in all their moods. The neddicky speaks to us, as do the famished feathered flocks on the Isle of Wight. Help caption, discuss.
  • There is a cat in this week's issue. Okay, part of one. Find it.
  • There is more stunning photography to ooh and aah over. Ooh and aah, please.
  • A diagram of how to remember things with your head
  • A gem from the archives: we've found the world's most boring mentalist. He wants to tell you how to remember things. Read his 'poem' and mock.
  • We have better poetry. FWR's daughter drops by with some verse and a photo. She's a chip off the old block.
  • Ever wanted to go to Mars? We have a virtual video journey for you this week. Alas, there are no potatoes involved, nor do we have any exciting guest actors. But you can see real NASA art, and it's pretty breathtaking. The organist is doing his best.
  • Awix is here to tell you about cinema doings. This week's review title is 'Waitresses on the Edge of a Nervous Breakdown'. It's always fun to try and guess what film he's reviewing from the title...
  • Your Editor has some news on what to watch on Youtube, for the curious cheapskates among us who are also too lazy to get out and go to the cinema. You'd be amazed at the cool stuff you can find if you stop looking up 'Cats' for five minutes…
  • The Zombies are back! Part III this week! Bring on the Segways!!!
  • There are quizzes, of course. And writing advice, and camera tips. And snark. Go enjoy.


Reality BiteZ promo showing a zombie on a Segway
Henry Letterbox FTW!
Click the link for the trailer
to the upcoming sequel!


Why are you still hanging around? Go read, already! And have a grand week! Don't meet any zombies.


Dmitri Gheorgheni

BIRDS IN ACTION
  • Neddicky by Willem
  • Someone Threw Bread on the Isle of Wight by SashaQ

THE THINKING PERSON'S ENTERTAINMENT

ASTOUNDING VISIONS


EXPERIMENTAL
KNOW YOUR MEDIA
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87901987

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more