Create, March 2017: The Fight Against Fake News

2 Conversations

Create, March 2017: The Fight Against Fake News

Create March 2017: Fake News

We know the problem: Fake News. It's in our newspapers, on our internet, and in our email inboxes. What to do?

Do you have Snopes.com or The Straight Dope on your bookmarks list? Do you have your favourite experts on speed dial? How do you sort the wheat from the chaff in the field of information?

Help us fight misinformation. Write us a Guide Entry:

  • Do you know a lot about a subject that's misunderstood today? Tell us about it!
  • Do you want to clear up a widely-believed myth? Prepare for controversy! (But we love controversy.)
  • Can you chronicle an event in history that was influenced by Fake News? Tell us about the hoaxes of the past, and how they worked out.

Help in the discussion:

  • Tell us about your fake news experiences.
  • Tell us how you fight rumour, innuendo, and general stupidity in your daily life.
  • Host a round table on the subject, and send the results to the h2g2 Post.
  • Collect some egregious examples of Fake News. Or make your own up. (Remember to follow the House Rules!)
  • Contribute some fact, fiction, or humour on the subject of Fake News.

h2g2: We document our sources. We leave no fact unturned. Help us shed some light on a modern plague!

Create


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87885661

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more