A Conversation for 'Dad's Army' - The Characters

Feedback Tweeted!

Post 1

h2g2 Guide Editors

Passing on a comment from Twitter:

"perhaps mention wendy richards appearance in eastenders. Otherwise a fine summary methinks."

smiley - biggrin


Feedback Tweeted!

Post 2

Bluebottle

I think that might be the first time something I've written has been twitted about.

As the focus of the entry is on the characters, there isn't really room for the actors' CVs. So with Arthur Lowe alone I could have mentioned how he will always be the definitive Pickwick of 'The Pickwick Papers' and that for me, no episode of the 'The Mr Men' will ever be the same without him, but there simply isn't space to list all that the actors have done. I did mention where they appeared in other shows by producers Jimmy Perry and David Croft as often those roles came about because of their involvement in 'Dad's Army'. I also mentioned John Le Mesurier's appearance in 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy'.

So although Wendy Richard did indeed play an EastEnders character in 1993's 'Doctor Who' charity adventure 'Dimensions in Time', it isn't part of her very minor character who only appears in a handful of 'Dad's Army' episode.

<BB<


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 'Dad's Army' - The Characters

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more