A Conversation for 'Peter's Friends' - the Film

An update would be interesting...

Post 1

Sho - employed again!

I really ought to watch this film again, I remember thinking at the time that it was a really good go at showing how people change over time.

I wonder what they would have made of 2002 and 2012?


An update would be interesting...

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - biggrin

Yes, in 2002 I would hope that Peter would be doing OK thanks to modern medicine, and ensconced somewhere nice in London. Andrew would be doing well in his career. Roger and Mary would be a happy family and their son would be doing well at school. Sarah would probably still be single in London but doing OK in her career. Maggie would be living with a boyfriend but still living with more than one cat.

If they were to make an updated film, though, no doubt they'd put more drama into it than that smiley - laugh


An update would be interesting...

Post 3

Icy North

I remember watching this one at the time and not enjoying it - it was a bit of a downer. Maybe I was expecting more comedy from that cast, or maybe those yuppie movies weren't for me, but I can't deny it was well-acted.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 'Peter's Friends' - the Film

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more