The h2g2 Post 10.11.14

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 10th November 2014

The Fortress of h2g2 Knowledge

A British castle, photographed by Florida Sailor. Again, Florida Sailor provides our picture for the week. We've really enjoyed his travel yarn. This week, he tells us about Portsmouth. Can you say, 'Hello, Sailor'? We knew you could. The castle reminds us that h2g2 is a fortress of knowledge, both in the Edited Guide and here at the Post. We're just brimming with information, and you won't have to storm the battlements to get at it, either. Just point, click, and be enlightened.

Another great h2g2 source of info and inspiration, of course, is the November extravaganza that is NaJoPoMo. Our journal writers are keeping themselves and everyone else busy, telling about everything from soup to nuts. Get in on the fun while it lasts.

Speaking of Portsmouth, Bluebottle runs around there. Literally. Check out his ambulatory account. Awix and Ben are back with tales from cinema and life. Awix is all excited, of course, because his hero, Jason Statham, has made a new movie. He couldn't wait to send me the trailer, since he knows just how much your Editor loves action flicks. I retaliated with a link to Non Stop New York, a 1937 goody with a thrilling chase scene at the end (1:04). Awix has vowed to get JS to do a remake. Such is our enthusiasm for cinema. In the meantime, Awix has a better science fiction film for you this week.

Our Rod's back with the first in a series called 'My Little Wooden Hut'. You'll love it. The first bit involves an endearing cat. Get in at the start.

Willem's outdone himself this week. Not only have his wildlife researches reached back into the distant past – that Giant Wombat is prehistoric – but he's got a plant that's so interesting it takes up two article spaces. You're getting your money's worth here, as always.

So read, have fun, talk away, and take home some knowledge in our convenient containers. Keep on NaJoPoMoing, and have an excellent week!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

FAR-AWAY WILDLIFE WITH STRANGE-SOUNDING NAMES
  • Giant Wombat by Willem
  • Pterodiscus ngamicus by Willem.


SITUATION NORMAL, WHICH IS WEIRD IN ITSELF

TWO GUYS IN PORTSMOUTH

  • Mud Larks.
  • Elaine.

THIS, THAT, AND THE OTHER

SERENE MYSTERIES
  • Riddle solved.
  • Serene posture.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87839383

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more