A Conversation for How to Apologise Insincerely

A military sort of apology ...

Post 1

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

There was an instance in the early 80s, (1980s, I am not THAT old!) when a fire monitoring system in a barracks went berserk. Triggering at every change in Manitoba weather and barometric pressure. Dutifully, we inhabitants would evacuate the building and into the -48C wind-chill weather.

On return, I found that my room was standing wide open - not just my possessions, but those of a friend out of town for several months. I approached the fire-fighters still at the front door about this breach of not only personal security by fire-suppression protocols. Windows and doors closed after ensuring no one present.

One volunteer also happened to be my "Captain" in the chain of command. And the next day, he demanded a written apology for my brusqueness. I was polite and sincerely apologized for embarassing him in front of the Fire Marshall by pointing out his errors and short-comings. And I did encourage further refresher training for the whole team.

My apology was grudgingly accepted by the offended individual, and deeply chuckled over by the one I needed to pass it through


Key: Complain about this post

A military sort of apology ...

More Conversations for How to Apologise Insincerely

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more