The h2g2 Post 07.04.14

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 7th April 2014

Natural Wonders

NASA's Starshade. No, that flower isn't blooming in space. Not quite yet. But it will. NASA has a plan to improve our view of the outside world, and it includes Starshade. This is only one of the many wonders you'll read about in this week's issue of the h2g2 Post, fueled by our curiosity about the universe around us. Willem will show you creatures and plants you may not have known existed. MMF will share his first-hand knowledge of the Great Storm of 1978. We'll test you about the solar system, and show you how to search for Enlightenment, using only your camera.

Speaking of cameras…the weather is finally improving, and you'll be venturing out, you people. Most of you have mobiles, we suspect. Now, if you see anything interesting – and that especially includes weather phenomena, such as hordes of people with umbrellas, stuff blowing artistically in the wind, a cloud that looks just like Pastey, you know, the usual Stuff – we want you to point and click. Send it to us, along with your username and number, and a short note on what we're looking at. Let us all take a peek, please. We're begging you.

This week, Awix and benjaminpmoore examine another kind of wonder: human behaviour. Awix has found an intriguing new film about – surprise! – people rather than CGI, and Ben's visiting a friend. You'll want to take a look.

We've got lots to interest you here. We hope also to inspire you. Remember to be working on your contribution to the April Create challenge. Enjoy your week: we hope the weather treats you well.


Dmitri Gheorgheni

NATURAL CURIOSITY
  • African civet by Willem
  • .

  • Wild olive by Willem.


NATURAL HISTORY

NATURAL KNOWLEDGE

  • April Create promo by FWR.
  • Io.

NATURAL URGES
  • The Buddha.
  • Couple in need of martial counselling.

NATURAL LIFE
  • A hypodermic needle and a vial
  • .

FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87822930

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more