The h2g2 Post 14.10.13

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 14th October 2013

All Over the Place

At least he has a cool hat.
This week, the Post, indeed, is all over the place. We're up in the clouds, and down in the depths. We're serious, frivolous, and everywhere in between. We'll take you places and show you things you never dreamed of. We'll tickle your fancy, and stir your imagination.

And, like our hero here, we'll look supercool doing it.

After all, it's fashion month, remember? Have you sent in your Create contribution yet? Of course you haven't. We haven't got it yet. So get cracking!

We've got some items to enliven your moribund fashion sense. There's a quiz, some Oddities, and more. We leave you to find them.

Beatrice takes us to places in Vegas we didn't know existed. Now that we know, we're not sure we want to set foot in the place, but hey, what's hitchhiking without some danger? Nigel and friends are weeping over NASA – they'll be back, guys, as soon as the politicians wise up. Closer to home, Bluebottle's back with some important SuperMarket stuff. Rod's been carving again, benjaminpmoore has been fighting the good fight, and Awix has been getting intellectual in the cinema. (He says his head hurts.)

Willem starts us off with some astounding views of the South African outdoors. This time, he's really outdone himself. You will not believe the animal and plant life. Just so you will, he's shared his usual amazing artistic vision.

Read, enjoy, leave comments. Get inspired, and take part! Remember: our gmail address is postteamhg-at-gmail-dot-com. We want to hear from you!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

BOLD RATS AND SNEAKY PLANTS
  • Cricetomys gambianus by Willem
  • .

  • Lithops by Willem


HEADS IN THE CLOUDS


CRYING IN OUR BEER

  • Hotel New York New York, a recreation of the Big Apple skyline, with added rollercoaster
  • Nigel is devastated by the NASA shutdown.
FASHION STATEMENTS

ON THE RUNWAY
  • Hot chick attracts cool men in 1910.
  • .

  • A fashion model of 1921.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87811734

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more