What's Your Style?

1 Conversation

 


Fashion.


What do you think of the autumn styles? I was tempted by some classic coats in plain colours - particularly one in natural cashmere. But a duffle coat or casual jacket with fur trim might be more versatile. You could team those with fashionable straight-legged trousers. There are plenty of long, loose jerseys and cardigans. Some are fluffy and I saw one as hairy as a bearskin!

For dresses, monochrome is in – I found a striking black lace dress, and one in grey with black lace trim. There are animal prints everywhere – bright leopard-spot tops, and more muted patterns on jackets. Skirts are pencil slim and I saw some with leather-look panels. The fashion mags are promoting leather skirts but how do you keep them clean? Checks are still in for blouses, but I liked a dark green damask print with black sleeves.


To be honest, my usual style is casual - trousers, tops and trainers. But what about you? Do you follow fashion, or slop around in the same old things? We would love to hear. We welcome gossip, poems and photographs. Even if you don't follow the latest styles the history of fashion is intriguing - who wore what, when. What difference does class and religion make? How were clothes made? So, we would also like articles on clothing for the Edited Guide. If you want to know what we mean, here are some examples:


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87810096

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more