The h2g2 Post 22.07.13

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 22nd July 2013

Where…

Photoshop?

...would you find all these in one spot? Nature. News. Historical insight. A personal account from showbiz. Fiction. Art. Humour.

In the h2g2 Post, of course. Your go-to place for entertainment and astonishing revelations. Florida Sailor was on a Hollywood set for an historic TV moment. Who knew? Awix likes monster movies. Who would have guessed? (I refrain from Jason Statham wisecracks here.) Willem has spotted the elusive Zucchinibeest! Alert the tabloids!

No, don't. We're keeping this one all to ourselves, thank you very much.

The Post welcomes a new contributor this week. Crunchy Frog's going to fit right in around here. He's got snark down to a fine art already. Please enjoy his revelatory essay on what causes male pattern baldness, and welcome him to h2g2 in suitable fashion.

It's summer, the weather is hot – it's even warmed up in the Carolinas again, hurrah – and weirdness abounds. We've got summer fun for you, and a quiz to keep your brains from drying up under all that unaccustomed sunlight. For the cultured among us, meaning me and Nigel, there's joy in the fact that in the US, Netflix has FINALLY got The Magic Flute available for streaming. Let the arias begin!

Where are you going this week? Mountains, seashore, downtown? To the kitchen for another beer? Write. Tell us about it. Send pics. You know where.

Have a good week!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

WONDROUS WILDLIFE
  • Hoopoe by Willem.
  • .

  • King Protea by Willem.

HOT HEADLINERS


 

ELEGANT ESTIVATORS


 
  • US Vice President Garner in a summer cuit.
  • Zucchinibeest by Willem.
RISIBLE RACONTEURS
EMINENT ESSAYISTS
  • Duck on boat.
  • .


 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87795346

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more