Talking Point: Now and Then

29 Conversations

Remembering childhood dreams

When we are children, we have all sorts of hopes and dreams about the future. We want to grow up attractive, successful and rich. Some of us have ideas about future professions that we would like to join, and we work towards those goals throughout our school years. By the time we reach the jaded old age of 21, things often change. What we want to know is, would the child that you were like the adult that you are now? If you're very old, would the ten years ago you like the you now?


What were you like when you were younger? Many people stay the same throughout their lives, while others change so much that their own mothers don't recognise them.

  • What hopes and dreams did you have for the future when you were young?

  • Have you fulfilled any of your dreams?

  • Did you have an aimless and wasted youth?

  • Have you more plans and dreams now that you are grown than you did when you were younger?

  • Did you have any idea that you were going to turn out like you have?

  • What would your younger self think of you know?

Graphic supplied by Community Artist Sporky

A568721A196328

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A869187

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more