A Conversation for Deep Purple - the Band

Mark III

Post 1

klm

Your entry states as follows:
"In spite of, or perhaps because of, the fact that the band spent more time working on their music than indulging in the rock'n'roll lifestyles of their contemporaries, arguments were becoming rife. Blackmore and Glover, in particular, did not get on well. Gillan, as Glover's best friend, eventually stated that the pair were prepared to quit the band if Blackmore did not. Unwilling to lose their star musician, Lord and Paice took Blackmore's side, and Gillan and Glover promptly quit."

The history in most DP-fans eyes is:

"The band worked hard touring and finally the rift between Ian Gillan and Ritchie Blackmore became apparent. After pleading with the management for a timeout, getting a no for an answer, Ian Gillan handed in his notice.
Ritchie Blackmore, for reasons known only to himself, wanted Roger Glover to leave, as well, and Lord and Paice agreed to this. So the band again needed a singer and a bassplayer."


Mark III

Post 2

The Iron Maiden

I definately have to take an objection to the Mark III part of this guide entry. Unremarkable? Less of it!!! Slap on Mistreated, and then slap on a live version (Purple, Whitesnake, Rainbow, it's all good) and tell me it's unremarkable. Burn, Might Just Take Your Life, Love Don't Mean A Thing...aww, hell, both albums are simply overlooked, underrated and CLASS! David Coverdale pwns.


Mark III

Post 3

Mu Beta

I will happily neglect the views of anyone who names himself Iron Maiden until otherwise convinced. smiley - winkeye

B


Mark III

Post 4

The Iron Maiden

The music will talk for itself and convince you otherwise, unless you are a fool of course smiley - winkeye


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more