The Quest

1 Conversation

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This story is a work of fiction. (I think you've probably read the disclaimer enough times by now, so I'm leaving it out. If you miss it, you can find it at the top of this episode.)

Midterms are over and the last of the barrage of papers is due Monday, so regular-length editions of The Quest shall resume next week - barring acts of God. Thanks for sticking with me, guys.

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

'Gw7en! Now!'
sea cried.

Gw7en screamed. The cat jumped and put a paw to its chest, staring at Gw7en with its eyes wide. sea tackled the cat back into the trunk and slammed the lid. The cat began pounding immediately, yelling muffled curses at its captors.

'Be careful, Marv. It's wily,'
said sea, handing him her keys.

'Are you sure you want to sacrifice your car, sea?'

sea grinned.
'It's just a rental.'

sea and Gw7en climbed back into the truck and sped off, leaving Marv to shake his head in disbelief. No one would ever believe that he drove a Porsche with a talking purple cat in the trunk over a cliff, but it would make a great story anyway.

'Shazz! I, um...'
Yo faltered.

Shazz stood with her arms crossed and a frown on her face.

'Arl, I thought I told you to stay away from him.'

'Yes, yes, my dear, you did,'
replied the old man.

'We were only discussing your lack of skill at knot-tying. It was a perfectly harmless conversation.'

Shazz glared at him.

'I heard you, you old fool. You were talking about the Vortex. Well he can't have it. It's mine. Mine and Redbeard's.'

Yo's eyes widened.

'So THAT's why sea killed Redbeard! The Vortex!'
He spoke without thinking, and he shut up quickly when Shazz glared furiously at him.

'She killed him for no reason. It's a well-known fact. I should kill you now, as you're of no value to me, but I think I'll keep you around. You can keep Arl company.'
Shazz turned on her heel and stalked into the darkness.

Yo shook his head.

'She has GOT to be kidding. She doesn't really think I'm going to stay here, does she?!'

Arlecchino shrugged.

The Quest
Collection


sea


31.10.02 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A862733

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more