2nd annual South West Meet - Spring/Summer 2003

7 Conversations

People enjoying the glorious sunshine

Last Summer a group of h2 researchers headed down to Cornwall to enjoy a mini summer break. Arranged around the Solstice (& World Cupsmiley - winkeye) weekend.

It was the
2002 South West Meet
with
the main activity to visit The Eden Project

As we the organisers had such a great time (if you don't believe us about how much fun it all was why not read
the Guide Post

article by Swiv
or the other Guide Post entry by
Munchkin
. Or you can see more photos on
C Hawke's
personal
website
which contains links to all the other photos people took during
the fun few days over the 2002 Summer solstice), we thought we'd do it all over again this year, but this time, bigger and better.

This Year's Meet

We're keen to extend the possible meet window to a week, between
Saturday June 14th & Sunday June 22nd.

This year the Solstice falls on Saturday the 21st, so this is likely to be the main celebration. You are welcome to come along for the duration, or only for a few days whenever, whatever suits you best.

We have decided to stay at Holywell Bay campsite, which is located in the Newquay area. It seems to offer everything we could possibly need from a campsite/holiday park. Find further information, contact and booking details on Parkdean's homepage.

Booking Your Pitch

Unfortunately they can't hold a number of pitches on one booking alone (I did try honest!), so it will be necessary for you to ensure you book your pitch prior to your arrival. At the time I booked my pitch they told me they have over 100 pitches open, but I would advise you to book as soon as possible.

Price per pitch, per night is £11.50. You can have up to 4 people on a single pitch & parking for 1 vehicle.

Pitching on arrival is on a 1st come 1st served basis, you can pitch anywhere you like, provided that pitch is unoccupied at the time.

Please be aware, if you phone to book; the phone number listed for Holywell Bay in the brochure, is the same one that takes bookings for at least one other Parkdean site in the SW. Make sure you clearly state Holywell Bay as the park you are booking in at (if you want to be with the rest of us this is smiley - winkeye).

Possible Activities

Last year we all chipped in had a huge barbecue party at the campsite after returning from Eden, enjoying plenty of lovely nosh and even more plentiful smiley - ale, until the wee small hours, lovely! I'd think it a safe bet that something similar will be organised this year toosmiley - biggrin

Admittedly last time we didn't get round to half the activities we planned to, the weather put a damper on things (smiley - groan) so this year, things like Heligan, Goonhilly are still options, as is a return visit to Eden.

Some of us have already expressed an interest in having a crack at surfing. If demand is high enough we will organise a h2 group lesson, or we could join an existing course, for a smaller session activity if there are only a few brave enough to tackle the wavessmiley - surfer

At the moment things are very much open, so if you have a suggestion, we'd love to hear from you. You can leave a message in a conversation thread below, or mail us at [email protected]. Watch this space....

Potential Attendees


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A856569

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more