A Conversation for Ski Resorts

a few resorts to recommend

Post 1

PJ

Saalbach, Austria - this is a huge ski area and you can get away with never having to ski the same run twice. it's all in a circuit and takes you for miles and miles. when I was there there wasn't much snow though!

La Plagne, France - excellent resort - been there two or three times. good and varied skiing, nice resorts with different villages all included in the lift pass. a high resort so snow is fairly guaranteed. plenty of apres ski for all sorts of groups: I went with uni, with my sister and did the chalet thing with lots of families and there was plenty to amuse everyone.

Courmayeur, Italy - very expensive, and designer - we felt very underdressed there. the skiing was quite good though even though snow was scarce - they have lots of cannons so there is a choice of runs if the weather is too good! not much night life - mostly expensive restaurants. Advice for this resort: hire a ski locker at the foot of the cable car - it's worth it - you won't have to carry your skis and boots and we all know how heavy they are!


Key: Complain about this post

a few resorts to recommend

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more