A Conversation for Arthur Dent and 'The Plain Man's Pathway to Heaven'

Improbability drive

Post 1

Vestboy

What are the chances of all of all of that just being a coincidence?
Arthur Dent - author: Plain Man's Pathway to Heaven
Arthur Dent - Central character: Hitch Hiker (Plain Man if ever there was one) Guide to the Galaxy (Pathway to the Heavens)
DNA the very key to how every living thing links together - DNA the initials of the man who wrote the book which has the information on how everything works.
Coincidence? I don't think so.


Improbability drive

Post 2

Geggs

Well, Douglas' initials were definately not a coincidence. It has been stated (probably in a biography somewhere) that, being born not long after the discovery of DNA, his parent intentional gave those initals, knowing the connection.

But as for Arthur Dent, Douglas certainly claimed that it was coincidence, but memory is a strange thing. I guess it's possible that Douglas could have come across the book, or discovered the original Arthur Dent, at some point and since forgotten about it. But when he needed a name, that one leaped into his forebrain. Anything's possible really, but also quite difficult to prove.


Geggs


Key: Complain about this post

Improbability drive

More Conversations for Arthur Dent and 'The Plain Man's Pathway to Heaven'

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more