A Conversation for The Jesus and Mary Chain - the Band

Great Band!

Post 1

GTBacchus

I didn't know anything about Jesus and Mary Chain until recently, and I was inspired, partly by this entry, to find out more. In a used CD store, I found a copy of Stoned and Dethroned and impulsively bought it. I was a little bit disappointed that it doesn't seem to be among their most highly recommended albums on anyone's list, and it doesn't have 'Head On' or 'Far Gone and Out', which are the two songs of theirs I'd have recognized.

I've been really pleased though! Stoned and Dethroned is really growing on me. On a first listen, it sounds pretty homogenous. Next a couple of tracks jump out, like 'Sometimes Always' and 'Come On'. By now, I'm enjoying every song, and finding that they have a great get-up-and-jump sound!

Thanks for helping to turn me on to a great band. I look forward to collecting their earlier albums.

smiley - cheers
GTB


Great Band!

Post 2

Spiff


O Frabjous day! The Mary Chain on the Front Page! smiley - cool

Personally, i'd have had BW Kisses on the rec listening - excellent record and often underpriced. At least it always used to be...

and it includes the outstanding 'Upside Down' - to my mind the JMC's finest 2.5 manic minutes! smiley - cool

cya
spiff


Great Band!

Post 3

superdogmonkey

I, like countless others, have the JAMC to thank for the sonic adventures that were involved in fuzzbox abuse and amps being turned up to 10 in dingy rehearsal rooms everywhere!!

smiley - monster


Great Band!

Post 4

whirlwind, heat, and flash

Listening to Teenage Lust... you almost feel like you could jump out of your skin


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The Jesus and Mary Chain - the Band

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more