A Conversation for Motorhead - the Band

Gig?

Post 1

mad_arachnid

Just wondering if someone could tell me the kind of crowds turn up to Motorhead gigs. There's one in Glasgow in a few weeks time, and I want to go with a few mates, including some young ladies. Are we all likely to get totally trampled over by big burly biker dudes?


Gig?

Post 2

The Iron Maiden

I always say to people, if you're worried about getting crushed, pushed, sweated on or smudging your makeup, stand at the back.


Gig?

Post 3

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

And don't forget your heavy duty ear plugs. They've been known to knock plaster off of ceilings... six blocks away.


Gig?

Post 4

YalsonKSA - "I'm glad birthdays don't come round regularly, as I'm not sure I could do that too often."

I went to see Motorhead in Cambridge late last year. It was the first time I'd seen them live and I have to admit that I was a little unsure what to expect. As it turned out, the crowd were fine. There was a lot of heavy-duty moshing going on at the front, but it was good-natured and the rest of the crowd encompassed everyone from little kids in tent-like 'Head T-shirts to the obligatory leather-clad bikers, but there was no trouble at all.

As for the band, they were INCREDIBLY loud, and the whole experience was like being shelled for 90 minutes.

Fantastic stuff.

smiley - laugh


Gig?

Post 5

Anti-everything

Sounds great. I wondered what the crowd would be like untill I found out half my mates were going too so it'll be good no matter what. I wanna get a 'bastards' Motorhead t-shirt but I couldnt wear it infront of my mum smiley - sadface


Gig?

Post 6

Anti-everything

I went last night!! The crowd was mixed, but there were more teenagers than bikers by far. I saw little kids, drunk old guys and (scarily) my chemistry teacher. And a LOT of sweaty, moshing teenage boys smiley - smiley
Moshpit was fun but manic, but when anyone fell over there were plenty of people helping them back up. I even got some random guy to help me and my mate get up to crowdsurf. I agree with whoever said stand at the back if you dont wanna get squished, or even better get seating tickets. It wouldnt be so much fun, but you wouldt ache like I do today. Im cursing whoever let the guy with the studded jacket into the pit!

Fun fun fun! smiley - rainbow


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more