A Conversation for Brain States and How to Induce Them

Possible Malware link

Post 1

ComaCluster

Hi, I clicked on the 'Noromaa Solutions' link in the entry, and on their site is a link to download their 'brainwave generator'. When the installer for this was run, my anti-virus software flagged it up as containing a keylogger. Has this happened with anyone else? should the link be deleted?


Possible Malware link

Post 2

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned


Welcome to Hootoo Comacluster and thank you for your message, I shall leave a link with the Editors so they can check what is happening smiley - ok


lil x


Possible Malware link

Post 3

Gnomon - time to move on

It's generally a bad idea to download an exe file from the web, no matter how respectable looking the site looks like. I suppose we should remove that link to Noromaa and reword the entry slightly so that it doesn't talk about it.


Possible Malware link

Post 4

Gnomon - time to move on

OK, I've removed the following from the Entry:

"You can even try this yourself using a program called BrainWave Generator, from Noromaa Solutions. Using this method, you can produce different brainwave patterns by having the same frequency repeated over and over again for 4-5 minutes. This is called 'following frequency response'."

If anybody wants to try it, they can easily search for Noromaa and download the file themselves, but we're not recommending it here.


Possible Malware link

Post 5

The H2G2 Editors

Good call, Gnomon.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more