A Conversation for How to Break Up

"Desuction"

Post 1

Hotblack Desiato

I think I read in the Observer somewhere a definition for the (possibly made up on the spot) term, "Desuction". This is apparently the opposite of "Seduction" and is in fact an art in itself, conducted over some time (as long as is necessary, presumably) in order to make a breakup as painless as possible: less like a breakup, more like a disentanglement.

This art utilises some additional 'skills', such as "Gradual Compliment Reduction", "Foreplay Elimination" and "Irritating Habit or Fault Amplification". The Dumper can use these and others to subtly cause their partner to feel as uncomfortable in the relationship as possible, so the eventual severing is mutual and therefore less damaging to both parties.

Cold or caring? Could be either, depending on your viewpoint. Does it work? Haven't the foggiest. Any thoughts/criticisms/insults?

Hotblack smiley - cool


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more