A Conversation for Punk Music in Britain

Punk

Post 1

mikey

disefranchised disenchanted disorganised and dismayed. these are just some of the words I didnt understand when punk came along and showed me as a teenage boy that others were equally angry but didnt know why, aah happy days.
I remember being something of a hero because I got bodies played at the school disco.
I think taht at the risk of sounding like an old fart music needs something punk like but not punk to revitalise it now I am sure I am not the only thirtysomething that listens to eminem and others and thinks yeah well done seen that been there.
I like most people I think didnt really understand what punk was about because it seemed to become hijacked by the media but what we did get was the feeling that we could make a difference and that we didnt have to accept so maybe I got the message after all.


Punk

Post 2

the fabulous eener

actually, you are probably the only 30 year old who listens to eminem at all.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more