A Conversation for Hanse Cronje - Cricketer

Keep in mind

Post 1

Researcher 228618

Just like to point out that Hansie only accepted money to give weather and pitch reports to bookies. He never intentionally lost a match and didn't go though with throwing the match he admitted to had been approached for. He was still South Africa's most successful cricket captain. If one stops to think about what he really did wrong was just made more money from a winning SA team. I still think that because of his admitting to what he had done he has done more to clean up cricket than anyone could have done.

In a week it will be the first year of his death, i will never forget that day, i was even more shocked than on 9/11/2001. I can also remember the days afterwards and his funeral, which i attended and was glad to see just about everyone here in South Africa remember him for who he truly was - a great South African.
Hansie our Hero.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more