A Conversation for The Fate of the Last Supper Thirteen - a Very Brief Addendum

a bit off subject forgive me

Post 1

Dent_Arther_Dent

this is an interesting tidbit about Judas' story forgive me if I step on toes but i thought it should be noted, read this or not i don't care a fetid pair of dingoe's kidneys.

In the film Dracula 2000 by wes craven, the true identity of the vampire known as dracula was not the bloody prince that bram stoker used in wrighting his story but Judas Himself. He did hang himself but at sunset the rope broke and Judas was reborn as a vampire, i know it isn't a great biblical revalation but i felt it was a interesting bit of useless triva.


a bit off subject forgive me

Post 2

Apollyon - Grammar Fascist

In the early chapters of Genesis, just after Abel dies, God gives Cain a mark to protect him from evil and exhiles him to Nod. Some believe this meant Cain was the first vampire.


a bit off subject forgive me

Post 3

Bill593William

One point about "The fate of the Last Supper Thirteen- Abrief addendum" is that I thought that the "Book of Revelations" was written by St John the Divine of Patmos" according to the article on Wikipedia on that text.
I am unaware if this is the same John who was an Apostle of Jesus.
Perhaps somone might be able to comment on this


a bit off subject forgive me

Post 4

Gnomon - time to move on

Tradition has it that the John who wrote the Book of Revelations is the same guy as the John who wrote the Gospel. But the two are very, very different in style. One is a calm, carefully studied piece of theological arguments, the other is close on the ravings of a loony. And in the Gospel, John never names himself - he always calls himself "the other disciple, the one that Jesus loved". While the Book of Revelations starts with "I, John...".

Case closed.


a bit off subject forgive me

Post 5

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

Some people do get a bit funny as they age, though. Actually, I think I'm right in saying that tradition has it that John wrote his gospel well after the Revelation. (And his three letters later still.)

TRiG.smiley - book


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more