A Conversation for The Shaggs - the Band

Uuuuung! Uuungabwaaaaaag!

Post 1

Moore, Matt Moore

That's the sound coming out my nose right now as I try to listen to the "Philosophy . . ." cd. AAAAAAAAgg! Hwaag!

These girls stink! Not in the normal sort of way that, say, all of Don Henley's songs except for Boys Of Summer stink, but in a stinking, horrible, utterly indiscribable way of stinking that only they seem to possess. Good music to pluck a live chicken by. Makes the chicken sound like its having fun.


Uuuuung! Uuungabwaaaaaag!

Post 2

Norton II

Yeah, but isn't that's what good about it? Bravery in the face of utter incompetence. You may well say "well, I could do that" but how many of us would have the balls to actually do it?
For Lester Bangs on the unique appeal of the Shaggs, see:
http://www.keyofz.com/keyofz/vvoice.htm


Uuuuung! Uuungabwaaaaaag!

Post 3

Moore, Matt Moore

I'm pretty sure that the only appeal they have the novelty of how awful they are. I'd never say "I can do that" because, in truth, I don't think I could. Courage be damned! I listen to The Shaggs out of pure masochistic curiousity. AAAAAAANGAABA! BWUUUUGGAHAAAAAAR!


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The Shaggs - the Band

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more