A Conversation for Best Student Jobs

Optometry patient

Post 1

SallyM

As with most medical degrees, optometry students have to practice on real people. This is especially important for exam times. If you have an unusual prescription for your eyes, (I need prisms in my lenses to stop double vision)smiley - bigeyes, then you could be a perfect patient, and get paid for the privilage.

I got paid £25 a day for sitting for about 3 hours of tests, got biscuits and drinks and spent the rest of the time revising for my exams. Also it gave me a chance to see the tests I'm going to be sitting in 3 yrs time. Easy money.

________

I also work for my student's union. It is great, I usually do 2 shifts a week and as it is a student's union is only term time. They are also really adaptable when it comes to exams or time off as they usually employ quite a lot of people to cover shifts.

SallyM smiley - smiley


Optometry patient

Post 2

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

lucky you! our student union only employed locals due to the high levels of unemployment....almost no students employed anywhere in the university!


Optometry patient

Post 3

SallyM

I thought the whole idea of a student's union was to employ students to help them through university life. Though I go to the university and am employed by the next door college. Don't tell anyone.

SallyM smiley - smiley


Optometry patient

Post 4

Cupid Stunt

Which union was it that didn't hire students then?

Don't worry Sall, my lips are sealed!


Optometry patient

Post 5

SallyM

Bradford Uni and college both employ students. I'm not sure where FABT's uni is. It's just that I go to the uni (which should employ uni students) and am employed by the college (which should employ college students). As they never asked I'm not telling them. Not as if they can sack me. smiley - winkeye

SallyM smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more