A Conversation for Human Evolution - the Aquatic Ape Hypothesis

Problems with Aqua man

Post 21

Chantel

smiley - wahWow!
I just read Jim Moore's refutation of Elaine Morgan et al and it was devastating. Morgan's responses to Moore were evasive, disjointed, and utterly unscientific. Before even being lied to, however, I was quite drawn in to the story . . . I wonder why it's such an attractive idea? It reminds me of the 'god' theory somewhat. Perhaps we could all turn the heat of our intellects upon this 'god' theory and all the so-called 'holy' books? I've read 'Atheism: The Case Against God' & 'Farewell to God' and these are good places to start. Whatcha think?

smiley - cheers


Problems with Aqua man

Post 22

Chantel

Not to aid any of the AATers, but your posting was off the mark. I don't think that even the most rabid AATer proposes that human and cetaceans are closely related.

smiley - tongueout


Problems with Aqua man

Post 23

p72bb47

while it is true most domesticated cats hate the water, larger cats, such as tigers, love the water and spend time not only hunting in it, biut also playing in the water in a similar way a dog or person might act in a lake or stream.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more