A Conversation for University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut, USA

UNFAIR Representation

Post 1

Researcher 200783

I think this is a totally unfair representation of the University of Connecticut. I attended this school for four years and couldn't have asked for a better institution. I am now in medical school, which proves we all don't just drink and do drugs.
I also don't understand how you can call uconn boring? Have you ever been there? There is alot of activities going on around campus at all times. Yes, there are not many bars, but the ones they do have are great. Plus there are many on- and off-campus parties at so many different places that there is always something different going on. We have many intermural sports, clubs, sororities and frats...there is honestly something for anyone.
And the weather?? no, it is not always blistering cold there. Alot of the days I spent there it was a perfect climate. Never too hot or cold. And yes there are cows, but this includes beautiful sun sets, fields to go jogging around, and campus security.
I really don't know what this website is..i actually just received it in error trying to find something else. But I did want to stand up for my school which has provided me a great education and an awesome college experience that I will never forget.


UNFAIR Representation

Post 2

manda1111

Sorry to butt in on your conversation, but if
Researcher "200783"
would go back to there own page and then click on the "EDIT PAGE" button and then write a little something about your self, as this will activate your page and then a ACE can come and welcome you there properly
Sorry for interrupting your conversation smiley - ok

Manda smiley - magic



UNFAIR Representation?

Post 3

SemiDtachd

I'm quite sorry to have offended you. Quite often, however, the fault in being offended lies in the offended party, not in the offender. If you are offended by the views presented in a humorous and intentionally biased article posted at a website (one which you found by accident and admittedly know nothing about) and whose purpose is to inform in an amusing fashion, then I AM sorry, and I feel sorry for you. Yes, I've been to the university. I go there. I live there. I'm there right now. Do I neglect to mention some things? Definitely. Is my piece, shall we say, slanted? Of course. It's called satire. I don't honestly suggest that this is the whole story about the university, no more than Jonathan Swift honestly suggested that the English simply eat Irish babies in his "A Modest Proposal." Of course not EVERYONE here drinks and does drugs. I myself do neither. I am simply commenting on the prevalence of abuse on the campus. I have read many statistics that suggest that the percentage of UCONN students who abuse alchohol is quite above the national average. It isn't a completely unfounded complaint. But I also don't say that no-one who leaves here is successful. Once more, this was meant as a cursory and amusing (to those who get the joke) overview of a school. That is why I direct anyone with a serious interest in UCONN to the school's actual website. And as far as wondering how I can call UCONN boring...its called an opinion. Some of us have them. They aren't all the same. That's what makes them opinions.
So again, I am sorry if you didn't get the joke. But I am not sorry for what I've said about UCONN. Your "awesome college experience" is yours. This is mine. If you disagree, write your own entry about it and include all of the beautiful sunsets you desire.


UNFAIR Representation?

Post 4

Researcher 203927

I think that semidtachd is a perfect name from you. You are one of those people who bitch, moan and groan about things and never do anything about it. You are detached from what is around you. I personally never went to UCONN. Do you think that maybe if during freshman orientation you actually made some friends, would you really feel like this? Granted you do not speak for everyone as a whole. However, I must say, I do feel sorry for you. Maybe your parents didn't love you enough. I don't know. I do know that you really have to see those beautiful sunsets...you are missing out. Your life seems to revolve around masturbatory sessions and closed blinds. You say your post is a joke...is it really? Your opinion is a joke...sorry but nice contradiction. I must commend you on trying. Just some simple advice: Get a life. You obviously do not see how beautiful life can be. Tell your parents you love them and go from there...its not to late.


UNFAIR Representation?

Post 5

SemiDtachd

You are correct. SemiDtachd is a perfect name for me. Maybe that's why I chose it. I'm glad you think you know everything about me, my life, and my issues from reading one article I wrote on a humor/information website. Really. You say that my opinion is a joke. Well, OK. That's fine. That is one of the great things about opinions: you don't have to listen to mine. Nor do you have to post an inflammatory remark on a page I created because you think you can psychoanalyze me. But hey, you've done a great job, so let me congratulate you. You really nailed it. I don't have any friends. I've never once watched a sunset. I've never seen anything beautiful. My parents didn't love me enough. Or maybe an article about sunsets, loving families, and beautiful things doesn't make for particularly good humor. I can write about beautiful things, and have quite often done so in my own personal writing. But for a website created by one of the funniest men ever to live, and based on the premise of his best book, an article about the beauty of sunsets and doggies and kitties just doesn't fly. So if your advice to me is to get a life, my advice to you is this: the world isn't all hearts and moonlight. If that's where your focus is, great. Good for you. But I prefer to pay attention to the things that are wrong, to reduce them to the point of absurdity, and hopefully make someone laugh in the process. You are right. I don't actually do anything about the problems. But I make jokes about them, to show people not to take life so damned seriously. So you didn't like the joke. Don't psychoanalyze the comedian and point out his shortcomings (which I hope feels really good, by the way). Just move on to the things you do like.
And, by the way, my life DOES revolve around masturbatory sessions. But your analysis was a BIT off: I prefer to keep the blinds open.


UNFAIR Representation?

Post 6

Researcher 208190

Damn straight, SemiDtachd. And yes, Tool rocks.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more