A Conversation for University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut, USA

UCONN memories - I don't have any

Post 1

Stephen P.

As brother to two UCONN grads and brother-in-law to another, I figured I'm honor-bound to comment. It would help if I had something to say, wouldn't it?
Is the Library still falling to pieces, or have they finally got that fixed?
My fondest hope in life is to marry the entire UCONN Women's basketball team, along with some alumnae from same. (pause to wait for laughter and shuddering to stop)
Anyway, it's a great entry. Connecticut needs all the attention it can get.
smiley - peacedove
smiley - smiley Stephen


UCONN memories - I don't have any

Post 2

SemiDtachd

The library has been, to a large extent, made tolerable. The lower levels and sub basements are a bit sketchy and dangerous, but donations from various graduating classes have greatly improved the overall condition of the place.


UCONN memories - I don't have any

Post 3

calgalsoul

As a former local high school student, graduated this year, I feel honor bond to report that I did spend a bit of time in the UCONN library cafe. I met some nicer, and "safer" college boys there than i did at the parties and local bars.


UCONN memories - I don't have any

Post 4

SemiDtachd

By local, do you mean E.O. Smith?
That school has the most convenient arrangement for its students, in that it is RIGHT ON THE CAMPUS. People who go there don't ever have to wonder "What is college going to be like?" All they have to do is wander over next door, and EVERYTHING is open to them.
On second thought, that could be a dangerous thing. Glad to hear you found some "safe" college boys there. I'm under the impression that many local high school girls get into trouble with some "unsafe" ones... smiley - winkeye


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more