A Conversation for Plastic Food Wrap

Selotape

Post 1

ReapeR (Weevium Mortus Eradicus)

Have you noticed that selotape also screws up into a ball?
Who got there first the selotape company or the clingfilm, or is there something we don't know about this line of merchandise?

the curious ReapeR


Sellotape®

Post 2

wingpig

Try non-PVC microwave-safe clingfilm. It sticks to nothing, not even itself. If you're ever in a branch of Bella Pasta (shitey restaurant where the sauces come from plastic bags), ask to see the kitchen's clingfilming machine. All branches were issued with these after the 1997 refits. I think the idea was to cut costs by locking the clingfilm safely away.


Selotape

Post 3

parlau

There is no reason to unwrap sellotape any more as it will in future be used as a mass storage device in computers.
True.

AG


Sellotape

Post 4

wingpig

So people are going to fix dodgy envelopes with bits of magnetic disk? Where are you getting your information from? The Weekly World News?


Non-cling clingfilm

Post 5

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

So...... what's the point of clingfilm that doesn't cling to anything?


Non-cling clingfilm

Post 6

wingpig

Christ knows. Maybe it's a cunning marketing ploy to get people past the clingfilm event horizon. I don't know what the point is, I merely end up buying it when the "microwave safe" message is printed in letters too small to see at first glance.


Non-cling clingfilm

Post 7

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

What's next? Non-stick Sellotape? Non-cutting scissors? See-through Tipp-Ex?


Non-cling clingfilm

Post 8

wingpig

Non-bleaching bleach was introduced earlier this year in the form of Ace™. Musicless music has been here since the late 70s. Maybe Ronseal will issue Quick-Diffusing Fresh Air.


Sellotape

Post 9

parlau

It must be true it was on TV here in Germany.
Not on April 1st either.

AG


Sellotape

Post 10

parlau

What is "weakly world news" by the way?

AG


Weekly World News

Post 11

wingpig

That? It's this american alleged newspaper that they've recently started bringing over here. It features stories concerning the sighting of Elvis, Aliens and Jesus and has adverts for anything too stupid to make it into a proper newspaper. Quite good for a laugh sometimes. It's a bit like the national enquirer with less vehemence but more derangement. With aliens instead of people. Try the news-stand at an airport. Don't know if it's got a website or not.


Non-cling clingfilm

Post 12

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

Does exactly the opposite of what it says on the tin™


Weekly World News

Post 13

parlau

I thought that the national enquirer was the purveyor of all truth!
Britain has I believe the Sunday sport which managed to discover hitler on the moon or something.

AG


Weekly World News

Post 14

wingpig

It was a bus on the moon. Christ knows what they made Hitler do. Maybe he was discovered shagging Elvis by Lord Lucan, who was down the pub with Robert Maxwell and the crew of the Marie Celeste. The Sport is a bucket of lies but at least it doesn't pretend to be the truth. Americans, however, have no sense of irony and believe such things.


The Sport

Post 15

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

Didn't they reveal that Hitler was a woman? I'm sure there was also some unlikely object discovered at the North Pole... not that I read the Sport, of course.... ahem....


The Sport

Post 16

wingpig

At least, unlike with a porn mag, someone caught reading it can't use the excuse that they're "looking at the articles, some of which are quite interesting you know...".


Sellotape

Post 17

M@x

I wrote an article on sellotape, but it got rejected.........

That's about it, really.

M@x


Sellotape

Post 18

parlau

Shame, I have managed 1 accept and 3 rejects so far.
Did you not mention the fact that a roll of it can be used as a mass storage thingy - like a hard disc I mean.
This is true,

AG


Sellotape

Post 19

M@x

Really????? I must try that sometime - how's it done?


Sellotape

Post 20

parlau

You will have to ask the german university for info!
Laser light was mentioned and probably huge sums of money too.

Ag


Key: Complain about this post