A Conversation for The Heysel Stadium Tragedy, 1985

This article is fantasy

Post 1

dirties

'Flowers laid on doorsteps' - absolute rubbish. That culture was not invented at that time.

They used to have half and half Juventus scarves but I don't remember a permanent banner.

Nobody would have teamed up with Liverpool at that time. The media loved them at that time but real people knew what they were like (At that time Bread was on the telly and being a Scouser appeared to be trendy - it seemed like all the adverts had a Scouser on them - even the 'Heroin screws you up')

It took Heysel for everybody to realise what they were like. It was shocking to watch, absolutely shocking.

I remember Barry Davies going mental about the Munich 58 flags at that game.

On breakfast TV the next morning I clearly recall one Dipper being interviewed saying that 'as long as it was Spics that died it was OK'


Key: Complain about this post

This article is fantasy

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more