A Conversation for How to Look after Cut Flowers

Cuttings from cut flowers

Post 1

Saavik2

The Carnation trick also works with Chrysanths - but best to root them in pots rather than in the open garden (especially if you have clay soil, like me). For all cuttings, I use ordinary potting compost mixed with a little sharp sand - and I've given up using hormone rooting powder because I experimented to see what difference it made to the success rate, and found there was nothing in it. (And yes, it was fresh HRP - reason I experimented in the first place was feeling fed up with having to throw away a nearly-full pot and buy new each year!)

If anyone has any other hints on how to get plants for free, I'd love to hear them!


Cuttings from cut flowers

Post 2

WoolworthsWarrior

There are plenty of flowers for free, just lying about all over churchyards, I find the best time to get them is about 20 minutes after a funeral...after all the dead have no use for them.
smiley - ok


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more