A Conversation for Victoria Wood - British Comedienne, Singer and Writer

Even'white bits have to be black in' proper black pudding

Post 1

AgProv2

Don't forget that the black pudding (blutwurst) evolved as a means of extracting still more goodness out of the pig at slaughter time.

The only people, Transylvanians excepted, who drink the blood neat are Masai natives of East Africa, and even with immigration being what it is, you don't get to see many Masai natives herding their cattle around Rochdale and Heap Bridge into Bury Market.

It's always been the practice to soak it into breadcrumb or rusk and use this as the medium for stuffing a sausage case. Now you have a malleable pulp, as opposed to a fast-congealing and soon to be useless bucket of red stuff drained off the corpse of the pig. Fill your sausage skin, along with a little fat (the white bits) and flavouring, you now have that great northern English delicacy, t'black pudding. Slice and fry lightly and this is a flavoursome addition to a full English breakfast that people will either love or hate.

Or you could just bash people over t'head wi'it.

Ecky-thump.




Key: Complain about this post

Even'white bits have to be black in' proper black pudding

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more