A Conversation for 'The Book of Kells'

Museum of Printing History

Post 1

Steve K.

For some strange reason, we have here in Houston, Texas, USA, the "Museum of Printing History". I wandered in once just to see what such an institution might be like, and really enjoyed it. The special exhibit at that time was a collection of playing cards, some great artwork. And they had an exhibit on the Book of Kells, including a good sized replica, as I recall. The museum gets some jokes ("a crowd like a slow day at the Museum of Printing History"), but its well worth a visit.


Museum of Printing History

Post 2

Azara

I love books of all kinds, so that sounds like my kind of museum! One of the most interesting museums I've ever visited is the Plantin Moretus Museum in antwerp, which was a printing business from around the year 1600.

You probably got a better view of the artwork in the replica thatn you'd get looking at the original manuscript.

Azara
smiley - rose


Key: Complain about this post

Museum of Printing History

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more