A Conversation for Handel's 'Messiah'

performances of the Messiah 2003

Post 1

Researcher 245117


Hello!

I have a disabled friend, who would like to attend a performance of The Messiah.

Does anyone know of any such performance, this, or even next year please?

My friend lives in South Wales, but is able to travel extensively.

Can anyone help me to help her please,

Many Thanks,

Kathy Smith...please reply on this site


performances of the Messiah 2003

Post 2

Bels - an incurable optimist. A1050986

For some reason, most performances of Messiah seem to be concentrated around the Christmas season. So you could look out for adverts from early December on. You do not say whether you might be looking for a professional or an amateur production, but if professional you could contact, say, St David's Hall in Cardiff. If amateur, you can find lists of choirs on the web, and look at their web sites to see if they are doing Messiah. Or simply search for Messiah performances.

Good luck!


performances of the Messiah 2003

Post 3

Christine

Stroud Choral Society is performing Messiah on 8 November at the Parish Church, with organ accompaniment and a choir of about 100.

There should be more information on www.stroudchoralsociety.org.uk/concerts

Best wishes
Christine
Secretary, Stroud Choral Society!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more