The h2g2 Post 21.06.10

1 Conversation



Posted: 21st June 2010


 

 

Mute

There's a lot of shouting going on all around us as people discuss the football world cup, so it is nice if there are silent phases now and then – but I prefer to choose when I want to have sound or not. Now my son wanted to help me with my slow PC and installed Windows 7. After the first attempt (64bit) failed, the second attempt with 32bit was successful. However, not only is the PC just as slow as it was before, but now I had lost the sound, or rather, the PC had. It insisted there was no sound device on it. My son downloaded a driver, but at a download rate of 2 to 3 kb/s, it took about an hour. So most of today was spent waiting at the PC for it to install this or that program. Then I watched some TV, and then I suddenly decided to write down my Saturday after all. So now I was late with preparing the Post Front Page. Thankfully, I had help by our trusted KB, so all is well. Please, take a rest from the sorrow about the world cup and be distracted and entertained by the current issue of the Post.


Bel


 

 
EAT, DRINK AND BE MERRY?

 

 



 

 

FASCINATION: LANGUAGE


 

 

 

 
CONFUSION

 

 

 

 
COMMUNITY

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION

 

 


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A68959147

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more