A Conversation for Scrumpy

linking

Post 1

Andy R.... East London, Guitar, Cider, Europe, Ponds, Usenet, China

Hi,

I think your scrumpy entry and my cider one have the subject just about covered between us, each linked to the other.

I'd be grateful if the link to the external ukcider website could be changed so that it points to the homepage at http://www.ukcider.co.uk rather than pointing to the page further down, as it does at present, beacuse that entry point may not always be available at that address in the future.

Cheers,

Andy


linking

Post 2

Sam

Hello there, Andy. I was just checking your posting and acting in accordance with its instructions, when I noticed that the UKCider.co.uk URL is down.smiley - sadface I've removed it and the reference to it for the time being, but will happily put it back up when the site is showing again.

Great entry, by the way - we all really enjoyed it in the office.

All the best for now. smiley - smiley


linking

Post 3

Andy R.... East London, Guitar, Cider, Europe, Ponds, Usenet, China


Thanks,

The webhosting for www.ukcider.co.uk has been down for a couple of days due to a machine failure, but it should be fixed later today I hope. It would be very unfortunate timing if the front page thing goes off while the website is still down smiley - sadface

Do you have any interesting acoustic guitar gigs coming up at all? I've been to two good ones recently, Nick Harper at the Spitz and Wizz Jones at the King's Head, Crouch End. I'm also going to be recording some soundtracks for a video project I'm involved in, which should be fun. Filming tomorrow, outdoors in Newham. Hope it doesn't rain.


linking

Post 4

Sam

Hi Andy,

Give us a yell when the UKcider site goes back up and I'll shove it in again.

As for gigs, I've got two nights at Bush Hall in Shepherd's Bush (17th and 18th of April). It's a really nice venue - you can check it out here:

http://www.bushhallmusic.co.uk/

All the best for now, and very good luck with the filming tomorrow. smiley - smiley

Sam


linking

Post 5

Whoami - iD dislikes punctuation

Glad you both enjoyed reading/editing it - it was a joy to sub! smiley - biggrinsmiley - cake


linking

Post 6

Andy R.... East London, Guitar, Cider, Europe, Ponds, Usenet, China

Sam: Give us a yell when the UKcider site goes back up and I'll shove it in again.

Ok, Yell !

I had to move it to it's own host space because my ISP has had their users' web pages offline for nearly a week. Then they came back up the moment I'd forked out 10 quid, of course.

Bush House looks very smart. How far in advance do they book all the performers for these singer/songwriter nights or is there some kind of selection performance? I'm still finding out how all this stuff works these days.

The filming did go well, now I have a the postproduction to look forward to, and composing 3 X 1 minute soundtracks. When it nears completion I'll have to write an entry on "art video for the web" or something like that, as an excuse to tell the world.

Thanks again, and please make sure any links go direct to www.ukcider.co.uk


linking

Post 7

Andy R.... East London, Guitar, Cider, Europe, Ponds, Usenet, China


Just a gentle reminder.

I think you removed the mention and link to www.ukcider.co.uk from the Scrumpy article that this thread relates to, and said you'd put it back once the site is back online after a short outage.


linking

Post 8

Sam

OK - that's done now. smiley - smiley


linking

Post 9

parrferris

smiley - ok Thanks Sam, nice to see it back!


Key: Complain about this post