360 Hours to Build a Microlight

4 Conversations

The First Completed 360 Mission

The 360 website kicked off its first mission with a 'ticking clock' project. Richard Creasey and his British Microlight Aircraft Association (BMAA) authorised team had just 360 hours to build an Easy Raider microlight.

Now it is built, the "360" Easy Raider could become a great filming platform. Click here for more video and information about using microlights as filming platforms.

You can read about the build from Richard Creasey's own personal perspective in his 360 Microlight Diary or below you'll find a series of great short videos featuring various stages of the microlight build.

The build of Richard's EasyRaider was completed in February 2002, in 360 hours, at Reality Aircraft's workshop in Amesbury. Click here to see webcast images of the build.

Videos of the Build

(1) Terry Francis talks about the Easy Raider.

Play the Video

(2) Richard, Terry and the rest of the Easy Raider team prepare to start their marathon assembly.

Play the Video

(3) The deadline approaches for the next inspection - just what happened when the inspector called?

Play the Video

(4) Catch up with Terry in the paint shop to find out what's happening with 72 hours to go.

Play the Video

(5) Jeremy Harris explains what all those dashboard dials really do.

Play the Video

(6) BMAA's Chief Technical Officer, Guy Gratton, decides to drop in on the action, with 24 hours to go.

Play the Video

(7) During filming Tom made a workshop confession. Watch him reveal his dark secret and squirm...

Play the Video

(8) 360's two editors, Ashley and Sam are caught up in the mayhem and Ashley is on top of the wing, armed with a duster.

Play the Video

(9) It's the last day and there's much to do. Everybody's busy finishing off the many tasks that remain outstanding.

Play the Video

 

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A687233

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more