A Conversation for Star Trek Movies

The Voyage Home

Post 1

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

...is my favourite Trek film.
"Still the most financially successful Star Trek film, this had the indefinable element Paramount have been trying to recapture ever since - 'crossover'. Even non-Trek fans loved this. It had the cast in a cool ship, time travel to the 'present' (ie 1986) and all the misunderstandings that can cause. Standout moments include Kirk's line 'No, I'm from Iowa, I only work in outer space', and Chekov wandering around the pre-Glasnost USA with a thick Russian accent asking for directions to the nearest 'nuclear wessel'."
smiley - laugh

I also loved when Scotty & Bones went to get some transparent aluminum. The engineer offered Scotty his computer. Scotty spoke to it. The Doc offered Scotty the mouse. Scotty spoke into the mouse.
smiley - laugh
The engineer told him about the keyboard.
"A keyboard, how quaint!"
*flexes fingers*

smiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laugh

Then there's the scene in the hospital when Bones gave the old lady a pill and she grew a new kidney.

Hysterical, watching the medics scurrying around her.

smiley - biggrin

Thanks for this, Hsmiley - cheers
I really enjoyed reading it.smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more