A Conversation for Star Trek Movies

Director's Edition of Star Trek 1

Post 1

MSL

A Director's Edition of Star Trek The Motion Picture was recently released, and is substantially improved over the original. Not only is the story better paced, but many special effects shots were redone.

Just thought I would mention it.


Director's Edition of Star Trek 1

Post 2

J. Nigel Aalst

What, did they cut half the picture? That would be the best improvement I could think of, short of rewriting and shooting the entire picture. smiley - biggrin


Director's Edition of Star Trek 1

Post 3

Clive189929 and still counting

I'm sorry, but there is no way that ST1 can be improved. The only good thing it has ever had going for it is that it is a Star Trek movie. Otherwise, it would just be another B sf movie that goes down in history as a never made it. Lets face it, at the time it came out, Trek fans were desperate for something new and totally disappointed this was it. Thanks goodness we got ST2 and ST:TNG, otherwise the Trek would have been killed off once and for all by its own fans!

Sorry if it's upsetting you trekkies out there, but honestly, can you really stand up and defend it as a good Trek movie? If so, lets hear your comments, PLEASE!


Director's Edition of Star Trek 1

Post 4

MSL

Don't say ST1 can not be improved, until you have seen the Director's cut! I say it is an improvement, compared to the original. However, it is still not perfect, and is still a bit wimpy compared to even-numbered ones.


Director's Edition of Star Trek 1

Post 5

Clive189929 and still counting

Okay,I'll take your word for it. I can only assume there are less stupid glorious panoramas and more action, witty dialogue and a story.
I will be positive about it until I see it.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more