A Conversation for The Christmas Star

what was the star

Post 21

shagbark

smiley - starsmiley - starsmiley - earth


what was the star

Post 22

shagbark

One of the song writers Used the line
"Morning stars together proclaim the holy birth.
( O Little Town Of Bethlehem Philip Brooks 1868)


what was the star

Post 23

Athena the Wise

Gnomon, it was once said to me that we have the Old Testement to know where we came from. The New Testement is a New Covenent, a new way for new times.
Also, the Bible was made by human hands as an interpretation of what they felt God wanted.
The Isrialites were fighting a war at that time, trying to gain a land of their own. They were going to kill everyone who opposed their god because it gave them a reason to kill their enemies.
When the Bible says "Thou shalt not kill" it's setting down laws in the new land that God has given them. It may very well mean that you are not to kill other Isrialites, those who are living in that land.
As for contradictions in the Bible:
God is not contradictory. If there are contradictions (not to say that there are) then they are human errors.


smiley - disco


what was the star

Post 24

Athena the Wise

As for you Lapskaus, the man in the shack never leaves his shack!smiley - biggrinsmiley - laugh


smiley - disco


what was the star

Post 25

Gnomon - time to move on

>>If there are contradictions (not to say that there are) then they are human errors.

How true! smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more