A Conversation for The Birmingham Gay Pub Scene

Laudable!

Post 1

Phryne- 'Best Suppurating Actress'

...but any information on non-pub places?


Laudable!

Post 2

Z

Well the gay scene in general centres around drinking, it's one of the main critisms that it's difficult for non drinkers to meet people.


Laudable!

Post 3

Phryne- 'Best Suppurating Actress'

I could always go there and drink juice, I suppose.
my ideal venue would be a library. smiley - geek


Laudable!

Post 4

Z

Well why not!, despite the focus on alcohol, there's not the same amount of drinking for the sake of it as there is on Broad Street. Are you from Brum then?


Laudable!

Post 5

Phryne- 'Best Suppurating Actress'

smiley - smiley
I am nearby, in Nuneaton- which I ignore.


Laudable!

Post 6

Z

It can't be that bad can it? ok may be it can. Brum's not that bad really . Even though I'm getting a bit jaded of the whole affair. q


Laudable!

Post 7

Phryne- 'Best Suppurating Actress'

Anywhere (even, I suspect, remotest Siberia) is a step up from this, the home of Mary Whitehouse and tragic ring roads. Featuring 'gay and lesbian night' at the Courtyard, which in daylight is where the pensioners go when they're not sitting on the town centre bench.
And the only person I've ever met in the library was a creepy, 'not mature mentally' old man, who overestimated my age by a decade or so and thus decided I'd welcome being bothered by him.


Laudable!

Post 8

Z

Ah Ok I see, sounds like the town where my parents come from, which was not good. My ex was outed to her neighbours and she got so much "hassle" she wsa rehoused my the council.


Laudable!

Post 9

Z

Oh and do feel free to say hi if you ever want to drop into birmingham. Oh and hows the book coming along? it sounds very exciting.


Laudable!

Post 10

Phryne- 'Best Suppurating Actress'

Which book? the one that is finished or the sequel? smiley - smiley

I am in Brum from time to time during term... also I hear the university needs life models. So I might be there more.


Laudable!

Post 11

Phryne- 'Best Suppurating Actress'

btw, will you be at the proposed Birmingham meet that's slowly gathering steam?


Laudable!

Post 12

Z

Ohhh I may well me but I need to know the details...runs of to find them...


Laudable!

Post 13

Phryne- 'Best Suppurating Actress'

current thread:

www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/classic/138?thread=13874265" >F25868?thread=174265&latest=1


Key: Complain about this post