A Conversation for Democratic Anarchy

Anarchist Syndicalism

Post 1

baronvonpenguin

Anarchist Syndicalism is a political structure used in certain parts of spain before the civil war. Its not perfect but from what i have read seems to work better than any other experiment. All workers of each industry were organised into unions which controlleed the decisions for that industry and no government was needed. As for the argument that anarchism offers no reason to work, industrial and food production actually increased during this time for the region!
I would also recommend reading peter kropotkin, considered the founder of this type of philosphy. His work can be difficult to read at times and his speeches are more idealistic than practical but he approaches the whole idea in a very scientific manner and is the first educated writer on the subject to credit the working class with enough sense to contribute to society rather than just "do as you're told"


Key: Complain about this post

Anarchist Syndicalism

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more