A Conversation for WD-40

Marvel Mystery Oil

Post 1

Steve K.

MMO must be a competitor of WD40. Its not some New Age remedy, but an old line automotive lubricant that comes in a very cool can with a retro design in red and black, as I recall.

My uncle, many decades ago, was a flight engineer who sometimes flew Douglas DC-3's, the two (prop)engine workhorse that first flew in 1935. They were having trouble with one engine and landed to check it out. He saw the problem, a sticking valve or something, and spied an automotive parts store across the street from the air field. So he walked over and bought some MMO, added it to the engine, no problem. smiley - ok

The US Government today would start out by hiring some campaign donor consultants ... smiley - pirate


Marvel Mystery Oil

Post 2

Gearhead

UH -I don't think you can actually call that "Retro" I believe it’s basically the original design, but the complete workshop includes
Both Wd-40 and MMO as well as anti-seize and a real big hammer.


Marvel Mystery Oil

Post 3

Steve K.

OK, I stand corrected. I was trying to use "retro" to mean early 20th century design. In any case, it's pretty cool. And I would add duct tape to the list.


Marvel Mystery Oil

Post 4

fatJazzer

Can i suggest adding a flat-head screwdriver to the list? As well as taking out normal screws you can whack it into Philips/pozidrive screws using the big hammer: works a treat. And you can use it as a chisel. And a general gouge for getting recalcitrant things out of stubborn stuff.


Marvel Mystery Oil

Post 5

Steve K.

Amen. Althought I have to admit EVERYBODY tells me NOT to use a screwdriver like that. Except the guys who have to actually fix stuff ... screwdrivers are cheap.

I would add to the list a substantial vocabulary of curse words ... (this is an art, BTW)


Marvel Mystery Oil

Post 6

Gearhead

Oh those are just part of the landscape that goes with fixin' stuff sometimes you just have to "convince" something that you mean buisness and aren't just fooling around, works well for finding misplaced tools as well, or at least getting them back out of the wormhole that you set that wrench you were using just two minutes ago into.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more