A Conversation for Remembrance Day

Last post

Post 1

The Researcher formally known as Dr St Justin

Whenever I've been asked to play Last Post for a rememberance event (quiet a few times!), it always gets played *before* the 2 minutes silence. Reveille is played *after* the silence.

smiley - doctorsmiley - angelJ


Last post

Post 2

Swiv (decrepit postgrad)

really?
I've only ever played the Last Post after the 2min silence


Last post

Post 3

The Researcher formally known as Dr St Justin

Yep, really. In fact, I'm off to do it this evening, for the local British Legion.


Last post

Post 4

Bluebottle

I played "Last Post" before and "Reveille" after at the two Remembrance Services at Lake War Memorial in which I was the Bugler. However, there is more than one version of "Reveille", and I remember that almost each person asked if I could play the version which they had known, depending on which regiment etc. they were from...

<BB<


Last post

Post 5

The Researcher formally known as Dr St Justin

Yeah, and I'd been asked to play a version I'd never seen before. Luckily I managed to persuade the guy in charge that it would be better all round if I played a version I *did* know! smiley - smiley


Last post

Post 6

Wand'rin star

the Beeb World Service commentator definitely called it 'The last Post' after the two minute silence yesterday smiley - star


Last post

Post 7

Chignon

Unfortunately the BBC is not the fount of knowledge that it thinks it is. The correct form is Last Post before 11:00, followed by two minutes silence at 11:00, followed by Reveille.
Perhaps commentators should take lessons from The Royal British Legion who 'own' Remembrance Sunday on behalf of the nation and the government.
Why did so many BBC personnel wear poppies without stems or leaves? Has Auntie re-invented the poppy or have they given in to make-over artists? Ooh dearie - that looks a bit tacky and straggly. We'll dispense with the green bits since they don't suit your eyeshadow.


Last post

Post 8

Bluebottle

But nothing the BBC has done can compare with politicians who think Remembrance Day is purely a photo opportunity for themselves...

<BB<


Key: Complain about this post