aka's Haunted World

0 Conversations

Click Here to Launch the SpookSound Window!

aka's

Haunted World


With the return of Haunted World and a "back on track" note to this week's edition, with available online time slightly increasing, we say goodbye to the OOBEs and NDEs1, with two stories from the paranormal!

When Heaven Calls...


Charles, a Dental Surgeon in his thirties from London is the centrepoint for this story; He had a daughter named Emily and his wife, Sarah, had died during Childbirth. After the pain was getting too him for him he decided to take his life, but was persuaded not to, by a friend, because of his daughter.


He tried to cope with this pain he suffered, but would rather be dead with no troubles than alive with nothing going for him, and because Charles was an atheist, he believed that when you die, you die. Nothing more, The end.


So with this in mind, he intended to drink prussic acid but lost his nerve so ended up eventually injecting cocaine, and not just the seven per cent he used in surgery. Ater rushing through his suicide note, and laying back in his practise chair, he prepared himself for a huge numbness sensation that filled his whole body.


He found himself, as this story is told to me, falling through a shaft of white blinding light followed by brilliantly architectured domed buildings, bridges and walls all around him, and he was surrounded by shapes. Soon enough, these shapes became clearer and one approached him.


The approaching shape turned out to be the spirit of Sarah, his wife.
'Dont do this, Charles'

she pleaded with him;
'You need to go back, please, go back for Emily'

She continued with
'It's not your turn yet, go look after Emily'


Now, he found himself feeling a huge jolt through his body, like someone had brought him back from cardiac arrest with an electric shock, and was back in his practise chair, lying down, being injected with different substances to counteract the cocaine.

Years on, on his deathbed, he stated that he could see the same domed buildings, bridges and Shapes, and the last words he ever said were:
'It's Sarah.

She's Calling me.'



Now, that was a slightly short story, so here's another!

This is slightly off-topic, but it's just a random story I had in my head at the time of writing smiley - smiley

And now, George Smith's Amazing vanishing act?


In the early 1800's, a criminal who went by the name of 'George Smith' was wanted for embezzlement, theft, bigamy, forgery and fraud, amongst other things and, every time the authorities were closing in on Smith, he faked his own death. On one occasion in East Anglia, he actually arranged for an accomplice to bury him in a special coffin for an hour with piped oxygen so he could breathe.


In February of 1810, 'Lazarus' Smith, as he was known commonly, arrived at Liverpool2, where he was planning to marry an old woman so he could alter her last will and inherit her savings. However, a man from Preston,3 recognised him one Sunday and gave chase after him.


He followed 'Lazarus' into a church and blended with the congregation. A couple of minutes later, the spire of the church collapsed killing 22 people in the church, including Smith, who's last words were,
'I Won't be returning this time'


All the same, the Authorities kept him in a securely sealed, reinforced coffin; just in case. Curiously, Smith's Doppleganger4 was spotted holding up a stagecoach near Knutsford in 1817. He was caught and hanged, and on the gallows confessed he was Lazarus Smith; But nobody believed him.


If you're interested in a specific topic you would like me to cover, have your own story or something else, please do not hesitate to contact me using my personal space (at the bottom) or using this gadget below.


Also, As I hate to break my promises, I couldn't find a place for the quote I wanted to put here, so here it is now...


'I Don't think they're very exciting things to talk much on when you've had one yourself, so maybe the sceptics should understand we're not all attention seeking idiots, rather people who are hounded by investigators of the paranormal who are desperate to see what The next life looks like...'

- Kept Anonymous purposely, as per request of the person who said it smiley - smiley. This is slightly similar to what another researcher e-mailed me with, and I'm sorry I couldn't fit yours in either, 'em' smiley - cheerup



Past issues are now available Here.Any stories you may have, interesting links, information or anything you feel fitting to Haunted World to be submitted to the box below please. Thanks.

Please replace this with your info for Haunted World and then...


aka


18.10.01. Front Page

Back Issue Page

1Out of Body Experiences and Near Death Encounters2I'm not here to argue but, for arguments sake, the best city in the world ;o)3Near Liverpool, I suppose4Also known as a double

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A645725

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more