A Conversation for An Amazing A-Z of Space

How does the cosmic web work??

Post 1

TerryG*09*

can any one help with this??


How does the cosmic web work??

Post 2

Gnomon - time to move on

What cosmic web would that be?


How does the cosmic web work??

Post 3

TerryG*09*

its the almost invisible web that links all matter in the universe.


How does the cosmic web work??

Post 4

Gnomon - time to move on

I've never heard of this, or any evidence of it. Gravity and the other three forces are the only known things linking matter in the universe.


How does the cosmic web work??

Post 5

TerryG*09*

Its not a force, its just the way matter has spread itself across the universe.


How does the cosmic web work??

Post 6

TerryG*09*

i seen a program on either disc science or nat geo about it, well actually it was about the biggest mass in the universe.


How does the cosmic web work??

Post 7

TerryG*09*

the web is where mass (gas, dust) is linked together by gravity, nut there are voids between this web. the voids are massive amounts of space with nothing occupying it.

they discribed it as, when you make a pizza base if you throw it and spin it to hard then voids will form within the dough where gravity is too weak to hold it together.


How does the cosmic web work??

Post 8

Gnomon - time to move on

OK, now that I know that by the web you just mean all the matter in the universe, what do you mean by "how does this work"? It doesn't work, it is just matter spread across the universe.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more